EY announced the winners of the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Award in Greater Los Angeles on June 20th at a gala event at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, Calif.
The winners were:
- 9to5 Seating | Dara Mir, President | Hawthorne, CA | Manufacturing & Distribution category
- Dollar Shave Club | Michael Dubin, Founder & CEO | Marina del Rey, CA | e-Commerce category
- Legalzoom.com, Inc. | John Suh, CEO | Glendale, CA | Business Services category
- MarketShare | Wes Nichols and Jon Vein, Co-Founders & Co-CEO | Los Angeles, CA | Technology category
- NewMark Merrill Companies | Sandy Sigal, Founder, CEO & President | Woodland Hills, CA | Services category
- Scopely | Walter Driver, Co-Founder & CEO | Culver City, CA | Consumer category
- SteelHouse | Mark Douglas, Founder & CEO | Culver City, CA | Emerging category
- SusieCakes | Susan Sarich, Founder & CEO | Santa Monica, CA | Hospitality category
“It’s pretty incredible knowing that EY has been celebrating entrepreneurs through this program for 30 years, but this is definitely just the beginning,” said April Spencer, Co-Director of the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards program in Greater Los Angeles.
Read the full release: EY Announces Winners of The EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2016 Greater Los Angeles Awards.
Christian Williams, a former Washington Post editor, chronicles his solo sail to Hawaii from Los Angeles in “Alone Together: Sailing Solo to Hawaii and Beyond” (East Wind Press, 286 pages). The new book is a complete technical course in the preparation of a yacht for solo offshore passage making, as well as a philosophical inquiry into what it means to be alive in an over-connected century.
“Nobody’s ever alone. Not from the time we’re born,” Williams said. “It’s the last challenge, and I was more worried about that than storms or sinking.”
View more of Christian’s adventures below.
EY announced the winners of the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Award at The Grand Del Mar in San Diego.
The winners are:
Paul Martini, CEO & CTO and Peter Martini, President & COO, iboss Network Security, San Diego
- Consumer Services
Sean Gailey, President & Co-Founder, J!NX, Poway
Mike Grey, President & CEO, Lumena Pharmaceuticals, San Diego
- Life Science
Ted Schroeder, President & CEO, Cadence Pharmaceuticals, San Diego
- Family Business
Rick Haux, President & CEO, Mor Furniture For Less, Inc., San Diego
- Social Responsibility (non-profit)
Kathleen Sellick, President & CEO, Rady Children’s Hospital, San Diego