A crisis will happen. It’s not a matter of if, but when. We help you prepare and provide an all-hands-on-deck response when your phones are ringing off the hook.
Crisis Response Risk Assessment Tool
- Assess appropriate crisis response based on a threat using a scale of 1 to 10.
- Think of it as your company’s pain threshold with 1 merely embarrassing the brand and 10 a significant hit to your reputation and business.
- Not every crisis requires a 10-level response that could draw more attention than warranted.
- Know when to go public.
- For serious threats to the brand, a statement of facts should be released within an hour and a half.
- Monitor websites, blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Glassdoor and other social media channels.
- Identify key external stakeholders to involve.
- Customers, security, law enforcement, elected officials, shareholders and industry analysts.
- Develop a communications strategy centered on transparency and honesty to reach each group.
- Don’t forget internal audiences.
- Employees, vendors and the board of directors are the front line.
- Empower your team with knowledge and facts.
- Solidify messaging in a Q&A format.
- Use simple, clear language to best address and contain the threat.
- Perform a risk/benefit analysis for all potential actions.
- Consistency is critical until the crisis has passed.