Derek Houck oversees customer billing, keeps the office running smoothly and even built this Web site. He joined Olmstead Williams Communications after three years as the digital media coordinator for The Walt Disney Company’s Corporate Responsibility department.
More about Houck:
- Among his many duties at Disney, he designed and coded external and internal-facing Web sites with thousands of unique visitors per month, optimized the department’s Web site infrastructure on the company’s proprietary content management system and advised the department on all new-media technologies.
- A social media pioneer, he started coding Web sites at the age of 12, was one of the country’s first bloggers and has been at the forefront of the Twitter movement since the very beginning.
- He worked as a dealer support rep for a mobile phone company where he optimized dealer support call tracking and port processing for easier accessibility to dealer support reps.
- As a volunteer, he has built playgrounds for children through KaBOOM! and set up a Giving Page with DonorsChoose.org that helps classrooms in need.
- He has an associate’s of arts degree from The American Academy of Dramatic Arts in Hollywood and was a member of their 2004-2005 Academy Company.