CEO and President
Tracy Olmstead Williams has 25 years of public relations and crisis communications experience. As president and principal of a mid-size public relations agency in Los Angeles from 1998 to 2008, Williams established a reputation as a leading business-to-business communications expert for technology and life sciences companies, as well as financial and professional services firms. She has in-depth expertise in crisis communications, litigation support and strategic development, and crafts communications efforts for large and mid-size organizations.
More about Williams:
- Williams began her career at Hill and Knowlton, Inc. in Washington, D.C., where she helped guide U.S. and European defense manufacturers through the government acquisition process. She developed programs aimed at key decision makers in the U.S. Congress, the Pentagon, Department of State and federal agencies.
- In 1988, she moved to Los Angeles and represented technology companies including Hewlett-Packard, Computer Sciences Corporation, Acer Inc. and Citizen American Corporation. She guided the launch of numerous technology companies and provided strategic communications counsel to established infrastructure companies such as Oberthur Technologies and academic institutions including the USC Viterbi School of Engineering.
- Her fields of expertise range from identity and security to technology, life sciences and greentech.
- Williams graduated from the Elliott School of International Affairs at The George Washington University and was a debate scholar.
- She currently serves on the Los Angeles Economic Development Corporation (LAEDC) Board of Governors, the Board of the California Council on Economic Education, the Board of Town Hall Los Angeles and is involved in the Southern California Biomedical Council.
- Williams has also served on the Workforce Investment Board of Los Angeles, the Board of Directors of the Downtown Women’s Center, the Advertising Club of Los Angeles Board and the Board of Trustees of St. Matthew’s Parish School.
- She speaks frequently on a variety of communications issues and trends including crisis management and social media.
- Williams resides in Pacific Palisades and is married with two children.
- “7 Tactical Public Relations Tips For Startups & Small Businesses” (video) – Presented at MediaLeaders Virtual Conference – April 2, 2013
- “7 Tactical PR Tips” (PDF) – Presented to National Association of Women Business Owners – March 5, 2013
- “The Impact of Social Media on Public Relations” (video) – Presented to George Washington University’s Alumni Association — January 31, 2013