Trent Freeman is vice president of Los Angeles-based Olmstead Williams Communications where he specializes in media relations for professional services firms and technology companies. He also oversees XapNews, the agency’s flat-rate product designed for businesses and non-profits of all sizes. His clients include several national law firms, a big four accounting firm, the leading language interpretation company for 911 and a number of payment technology innovators.
More about Freeman:
- He has more than 20 years of combined media relations, crisis and strategic communications experience, and his diverse background includes working in-house, on the agency side, and as a reporter and editor.
- Freeman followed Tracy Williams to OWC when she founded the firm in 2008 after three years at legal, tech and real estate-focused Casey Sayre and Williams.
- He was the public relations manager at Birch Telecom in Kansas City, Mo., for five years. While at Birch, Freeman handled all proactive and reactive media relations, and generated positive coverage throughout the company’s footprint during a period of tremendous growth from three to 12 states. In addition, he developed community outreach programs with charitable groups such as foster children and animal shelters, as well as a highly successful scholarship program and essay contest titled “Competition Rocks!”
- Freeman’s career began in Texas where he worked for several newspapers as both a reporter and copy editor. After moving to Kansas City, he helped provide financial data to daily publications across the country at the Associated Press. He also worked as a copy editor at the Kansas City Star.
- He is a University of Texas at Austin graduate with a bachelor’s degree in journalism.