EY announced nominations are open for the 29th Annual EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards, recognized as one of the most prestigious business award programs in the world.
“Through the Entrepreneur Of The Year program we have the opportunity to celebrate the risk-taking men and women whose tireless efforts are contributing to our thriving Greater Los Angeles community,” said April Spencer, Partner, Ernst & Young LLP, and Co-Director, EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards program in Greater Los Angeles. “Entrepreneurs are the bedrock of our economy and we are honored to help put a spotlight on them.”
The program celebrates innovative business leaders and game-changing entrepreneurs from more than 145 cities in 60 countries who found, strengthen or transform successful enterprises. In 2014, more than 34 entrepreneurs leading companies from Greater Los Angeles were selected as EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Award finalists and 13 were chosen as winners. Entrepreneurs may nominate themselves or be nominated by peers and other business leaders.
Applications are due by Friday, March 6, 2015 and can be accessed at www.ey.com/us/eoy/greaterla. The Greater Los Angeles Awards Gala is scheduled for Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California.
Read the full announcement:
EY calls for nominations for the most innovative entrepreneurs
From left to right: Rick Haux,Mor Furniture For Less Inc.; Peter Martini and Paul Martini, iboss Network Security; Mike Grey, Lumena Pharmaceuticals; Ted Schroeder, Cadence Pharmaceuticals; Kathleen Sellick, Rady Children’s Hospital; and Sean Gailey, J!NX.
EY announced the winners of the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Award at The Grand Del Mar in San Diego.
The winners are:
Paul Martini, CEO & CTO and Peter Martini, President & COO, iboss Network Security, San Diego
- Consumer Services
Sean Gailey, President & Co-Founder, J!NX, Poway
Mike Grey, President & CEO, Lumena Pharmaceuticals, San Diego
- Life Science
Ted Schroeder, President & CEO, Cadence Pharmaceuticals, San Diego
- Family Business
Rick Haux, President & CEO, Mor Furniture For Less, Inc., San Diego
- Social Responsibility (non-profit)
Kathleen Sellick, President & CEO, Rady Children’s Hospital, San Diego
The winners of the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2014 Greater Los Angeles award were announced in LA at a 700 person black-tie event at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, Calif.
The winners are:
- Retail & Investment Services
Curacao – Jerry Azarkman, Co-Founder
EdgeCast Networks – Alex Kazerani, Chairman & CEO, and James Segil, President
- Distribution & Manufacturing
ENI-JR286, Inc. – Jonathan Scott Hirshberg, President & CEO
- Retail & Consumer Products
Fuhu, Inc. – Robb Fujioka, Founder & President, and Jim Mitchell, CEO
The Honest Company – Jessica Alba, Co-Founder & President, Christopher Gavigan, Co-Founder & Chief Product Officer, Sean Kane, Co-Founder & COO, Brian Lee, Co-Founder & CEO
Prodege, LLC/Swagbucks – Josef Gorowitz, CEO
- Business Services
Stamps.com – Ken McBride, Chairman & CEO
- Consumer Services
TrueCar, Inc. – Scott Painter, Founder & CEO
See a photo of the winners in the Los Angeles Business Journal:
L.A. Business Seen: Los Angeles business events
The finalists for EY’s Entrepreneur of the Year 2014 in the Pacific Northwest as reported by the Puget Sound Business Journal are:
- Majdi Daher and Mohamad Daher, 3MD dba Denali Advanced Integration, Redmond, Washington
- Ryo Kubota, MD, PhD, Acucela, Seattle, Washington
- Joseph Micallef, Allegro Corporation, Portland, Oregon
- Ben Billups, Billups Worldwide, Lake Oswego, Oregon
- Heather Franklin, Blaze Bioscience, Seattle, Washington
- Leslie Freytag, butter LONDON, Seattle, Washington
- Forest Key, buuteeq, Seattle, Washington
- Kathleen Myers, MD, Essia Health, Portland, Oregon
- Josh Neblett, etailz, Spokane, Washington
- Raja Mukerji and Jesse Rothstein, ExtraHop Networks, Seattle, Washington
- Dan Price, Gravity Payments, Seattle, Washington
- Kyle Stavig, Myers Container, Portland, Oregon
- Matt Ehrlichman, Porch, Seattle, Washington
- Luke Kanies, Puppet Labs, Portland, Oregon
- Glenn Kelman, Redfin, Seattle, Washington
- Aaron Easterly, Rover.com, Seattle, Washington
- Mark Zoske, SaltWorks, Inc., Woodinville, Washington
- Monty Montoya, SightLife, Seattle, Washington
- Kevin Klock, TalkingRain, Preston, Washington
- Joe Whinney, Theo Chocolate, Seattle, Washington
- Darrell Cavens, zulily, Seattle, Washington
The awards program recognizes entrepreneurial leaders who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. Award winners will be announced at a gala on June 20 at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue in Bellevue, Wash.
Read the full article here:
Which entrepreneur might be partying in Palm Springs?
Rami Rostami, founder and CEO of Technocel Wireless Products in Simi Valley, and Jeff Green, CEO and co-founder of The Trade Desk Inc. in Ventura, are among those hoping to clinch the title of EY Entrepreneur of the Year in the greater Los Angeles region, as reported by the Ventura County Star.
The EY Entrepreneur of the Year was founded by Ernst & Young LLP 28 years ago and awards entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in areas such as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities.
Business founders in more than 145 cities and 60 countries are recognized in the contest.
Read the full article below:
Local business founders named semifinalists in regional business contest
This past year, the Los Angeles finalists and award recipients (many pictured above) were selected by a panel of independent judges and honored at a gala event with over 700 entrepreneurs and business leaders at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills on Tuesday, June 18, 2013.
EY’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award honors the outstanding entrepreneurial leaders who inspire others with their passion, vision and achievement. Applications are due by Friday, March 14, 2014 at https://eoy-nomination.ey.com.
Anyone can submit a nomination, and it only take a few minutes.
To be eligible to receive an award, the nominee must be an owner or manager of a private or public company who is primarily responsible for the recent performance of the company and an active member of top management for at least two years. In addition, the company must be at least three years old.
Nominees are evaluated by an independent panel of judges. The judges are past winners and business and community leaders. The judges review each nominee based on the following criteria:
- Vision: creating or improving a business concept and implementing it effectively
- Leadership: demonstrating the focus and strength of character that enable an entrepreneur to move forward — and inspire a team to do the same — despite skeptics and obstacles
- Achievement: driving business success by going beyond developing an idea to continual innovation in order to generate new ideas
- Social responsibility: knowing that commitment and responsibility aren’t confined to business and leveraging energies and resources to give back to the community
Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti (center) with EY’s Michael Kacsmar (left) and Joe Muscat (right) at the kickoff event in the Bradley Tower at City Hall
Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti teamed with Ernst & Young partners Patrick Niemann, April Spencer, Brian Ring and Michael Kacsmar today to kick off the LA competition for the 28th Annual EY Entrepreneur of the Year Awards.
Past award recipients, future nominees, program sponsors, judges and other business leaders joined Mayor Garcetti and EY professionals in the Bradley Tower at City Hall.
“Los Angeles is a city of innovation, and the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program recognizes businesses that develop cutting edge products and services that improve our lives and create much needed jobs both here in our city and across our state and country,” said Mayor Garcetti.
The Entrepreneur Of The Year Program celebrates game-changing leaders around the world who found, strengthen or transform successful enterprises. The regional award recognizes entrepreneurs who stimulate the economy by creating high-growth businesses and jobs in Los Angeles. The 2013 Greater Los Angeles area finalists created over 10,000 jobs, increased their workforce by 20 percent and grew their revenues by 53 percent since 2010.
Each year, EY honors successful entrepreneurs in more than 150 cities in over 60 countries. In the United States, Ernst & Young LLP received more than 1,600 nominations for the 2013 program.
The An Family, of fourth generation family-owned business House of An, received the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Family Business Award of Excellence. From left to right: Monique An, Jacqueline An, Catherine An, Helene An, Hannah An and Elizabeth An.
Ernst & Young announced the Entrepreneur of the Year® 2013 award recipients in Greater Los Angeles at a gala event Tuesday at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills.
The winners are:
- Janice Bryant Howroyd, CEO, The Act 1 Group – Torrance, Calif.
- Clarence Daniels Jr., Chairman & CEO, Concession Management Services, Inc. – Los Angeles, Calif.
- Sam Naficy, President & CEO, DTT – Los Angeles, Calif.
- Jeff Stibel, Chairman & CEO, Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corp. – Malibu, Calif.
- The An Family, Managing Partners and Executive Chef, House of An – Beverly Hills, Calif.
- Bob Sinnott, CEO, Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors, L.P. – Los Angeles, Calif.
- Moctesuma Esparza, CEO, Maya Cinemas North America, Inc – Los Angeles, Calif.
Collectively, the award recipients have created over 1,100 jobs over the past two years. On average, they have increased their workforce by 40 percent and have grown their revenues by 42 percent between 2010 and 2012.
Ernst & Young LLP has announced 19 finalists for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2013 Award in greater Los Angeles. The finalists were selected by a panel of independent judges. Collectively, these finalists have created over 10,000 jobs. On average, they have increased their workforce by 20% and have grown their revenues by 53% since 2010.
Award winners will be announced at a special gala, with over 7o0 entrepreneurs and business leaders, on Tuesday, June 18, 2013 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, CA. The 2013 finalist are:
- Janice Bryant Howroyd, CEO, The Act 1 Group – Torrance, CA
- Dinesh Ravishanker, CEO & Co-Founder, CallFire – Santa Monica, CA
- Mel Elias, President & CEO, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf – Los Angeles, CA
- Clarence Daniels Jr., Chairman & CEO, Concession Management Services – Los Angeles, CA
- Sam Naficy, President & CEO, DTT – Los Angeles, CA
- Jeff Stibel, Chairman & CEO, Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corp. – Malibu, CA
- Martha de la Torre and Joe Badame, Co-Founders, El Clasificado – Norwalk, CA
- Jamey Edwards, CEO, Emergent Medical Associates – Manhattan Beach, CA
- The An Family, Founders, House of An (Crustacean, An Qi, Tiato, Thanh Long, and An Catering) – Beverly Hills, CA
- Ed Bagdasarian, President, Jim Freedman, Chairman, Mike Rosenberg, CEO, Intrepid Investment Bankers LLC – Los Angeles, CA
- Bob Sinnott, CEO, Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors, L.P. – Los Angeles, CA
- Moctesuma Esparza, CEO, Maya Cinemas North America, Inc – Los Angeles, CA
- Demian Sellfors, CEO and Co-Founder, Media Temple – Culver City, CA
- Rick Stollmeyer, CEO, MINDBODY Inc. – San Luis Obispo, CA
- Tim Cadogan, CEO, OpenX – Pasadena, CA
- Loren Bendele, President & Co-Founder, Savings.com – Los Angeles, CA
- Walter Driver, CEO, Scopely – Los Angeles, CA
- Jessica Firestone, President & CEO, Tempest Telecom Solutions LLC – Santa Barbara, CA
- Jeff Green, CEO & Founder, The Trade Desk – Ventura, CA
Ernst & Young LLP has announced 16 finalists for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2013 Award in San Diego. The finalists were selected from nearly 60 nominations by a panel of independent judges.
Award winners will be announced at a special awards gala on Thursday, June 13, at The Hyatt Regency Aventine in La Jolla, Calif. The 2013 finalists are:
- Adconion Direct, San Diego – Kim Reed Perell, CEO
- Behind the Scenes Catering & Events, San Diego – John Crisafulli, President
- Cadence Pharmaceuticals, San Diego – Theodore Schroeder, President & CEO
- ecoATM, San Diego – Tom Tullie, CEO & Chairman of the Board
- Elite, San Diego – John Kontopuls, President & CEO
- Genomatica, San Diego – Christophe Schilling, CEO & Co-Founder
- Halozyme Therapeutics, San Diego – Gregory Frost, President & CEO
- Independa, Inc., La Jolla – Kian Saneii, CEO
- LifeProof, San Diego – Gary Rayner, CEO
- MedVantx, San Diego – Robert Feeney, CEO & Founder
- Peregrine Semiconductor Corp., San Diego – James Cable, CEO
- Santarus, Inc., San Diego – Gerald Proehl, President & CEO
- Sempra U.S. Gas & Power, San Diego – Jeff Martin, President & CEO
- SkinMedica, Carlsbad – Mary Fisher, CEO
- Sullivan Solar Power, San Diego – Daniel Sullivan, President
- The Wheat Group Inc., San Diego – Kelly Grismer, President and Chad Grismer, CEO