The Academy Awards are on Sunday, but we’re more excited about the prestigious business award, EY’s Entrepreneur Of The Year®, which kicks off March 8th when applications are due. For the past 33 years, Entrepreneur Of The Year® has been recognizing leaders who demonstrate extraordinary success in areas such as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment.
Awards are a vital component to the success of a company’s overall communications plan. An award of this caliber has the ability to raise awareness among media and the thriving Los Angeles business community. As the proud PR partner for the competition, OWC has delivered impactful media coverage for both winners and nominees for the past 10 years.
Entrepreneurs who have participated stay connected with each other. Some even go on to become judges. Here are the top five reasons to compete:
- Accreditation: Becoming a semifinalist, finalist or winner helps to validate your company with investors, customers and current and prospective employees
- Exposure: Awards can help introduce you to new customers, M&A opportunities and private equity or venture capital investors
- Recognition: Awards celebrate business leaders and publicly recognize the contributions of the team, thus enhancing employee morale
- Mentoring: Continued education and networking opportunities exist with peers to accelerated growth
- Public relations: Awards provide a fast-track to being spotlighted by the media to promote a company’s mission and increase brand awareness
We encourage you to self-nominate or nominate a fellow entrepreneur to ensure that the awards reflect the diversity and vibrancy of LA’s business community. The deadline for applications is Friday, March 8, 2019. Learn more or submit a nomination today. It will require time, but reflecting on your business and how you got where you are today is worth the exercise.
Don’t let the essay portion of the submission stop you, we can help!